I had three days of new teacher meetings this week, so this week seemed to drag on. I should be getting paid extra though, so that's good! Thankfully, I did have Friday off, so I got to eat lunch with J. After eating lunch with him, I headed to Raleigh to finally close our Regions account. Then, I met Anna at Rita's. Seriously, SO good. We both got Vanilla Mango Blendinis. If you are ever near one, GO TRY IT! I also hit up Harris Teeter (see coupon blog.)
Saturday, J had to take a notary class from 8-4:30. We were both bummed we didn't have our Saturday to spend together. We (sometimes) miss the time when we didn't have jobs because we got to spend so much time together. We try to enjoy our nights and weekends together though. :) After supper Saturday, we went to an ice cream place in Angier. They have a billion flavors (well, almost). We plan on taking all our family there as they come visit. (I sampled Apple Pie, but got Sugar Cookie-couldn't turn down all those sprinkles! J got Brownie Batter.)
Sunday, we went to the community church, again. We enjoyed it and are looking forward to the potluck next week, so maybe we can meet some more people. We spent the afternoon watching golf and reading. I have been reading Tess Gerritsen, and J has been studying for more tests this week. I also decided to make some french toast and pancakes to freeze for breakfasts since school is starting this week.
I just let them cool, then put 2 in each ziploc bag and threw them in the freezer. Quick breakfasts for the next couple of months! Just hope there is enough syrup for them all. :)
Then, I got a little shock:
Yes, that is J getting his hands dirty cooking supper. He made spicy baked chicken with corn and garlic bread. It was really good. It was nice to be the one being served instead of serving. Here's to hoping he cooks some more. His inner chef is pretty good- he didn't even use a recipe!
Tuesday starts school for teachers. I have meetings this week, and students start next Wednesday. J has his tests Wednesday, but there is really no pressure for those. So long, Summer. See you June 14.
No comments:
Post a Comment