J had class Tuesday and Wednesday. When he got back to work Thursday, he found out he passed the rest of his tests! Now he can start studying for some that earn a little extra $! (When I say little, I mean little.) Thursday night, we (along with his co-workers) are going to eat to celebrate.
Thursday, I went to Raleigh to swim with Anna. We swam in the morning, so it wasn't too hot, and the pool wasn't too crowded. It was perfect. Then we headed to The Cheesecake Factory for our $1.50 cheesecake! We split an appetizer knowing we were going to eat cheesecake. We had tex-mex eggrolls, which really were amazing. Then it was time for cheesecake. A ordered red velvet, and I ordered the new Reese's. Both were delicious, but mine, of course, was better.
Because of the beautiful weather around here, we have been walking on the days we don't go to the gym. Thursday, we went a little further than usual, and a nice older lady was working in her garden. Since my garden has bloomed all summer, but not produced anything, I was slightly jealous. J made a comment to her about how pretty it was. She then offered us some tomatoes and peppers. It just made my night!
With a bowl full of tomatoes and peppers, I knew I had to make some salsa...
Left over bell peppers were sliced and thrown into the freezer for future use...
All done!
It isn't as spicy as we like, but it is still good.. and not from a jar! Even though it isn't perfect, our first salsa is a success. We plan on eating it all soon... in fact, some is already gone.
Since we had a couple of leftover bell peppers, we decided to make kabobs Saturday night. We grilled them with some chicken, and man was it good! There wasn't much left over.

Today, we went to the community church just a few miles up the road. We spent last night reading their website and beliefs, and we were getting pretty excited because a lot of it lined up with what we believe. We knew that some things would still be different, but hopefully something we could live with. While there are some things we would have to get used to, I think this church is definitely worth going back a few more times. And not just because they had the most comfortable seats any church has ever had. Hopefully, we'll like it more next week!
Since we had a couple of leftover bell peppers, we decided to make kabobs Saturday night. We grilled them with some chicken, and man was it good! There wasn't much left over.
Today, we went to the community church just a few miles up the road. We spent last night reading their website and beliefs, and we were getting pretty excited because a lot of it lined up with what we believe. We knew that some things would still be different, but hopefully something we could live with. While there are some things we would have to get used to, I think this church is definitely worth going back a few more times. And not just because they had the most comfortable seats any church has ever had. Hopefully, we'll like it more next week!
3 comments:
I'm jealous about your weather!!! I can't stop sweating....
Is there a certain salsa recipe you use? Your's looks so good!
I just did what my mom told me! lol I can tell you what I put in it though.
12 tomatoes
1 bell pepper
1 habenero
2 cloves garlic
2 japalenos
1 tsp salt
sounds like you had a great weekend. The salsa looks pretty good, too. Lots happening in the Morrow family so keep us informed! Congrats, J, on passing all those old tests.
Post a Comment