It's home improvement time! We have known since we moved in what we wanted to do to the fireplace... executing it took some time. I have had the paint for the fireplace insert/screen thing since we moved in... that's how long we have been planning it. We are so glad to have it done and LOVE LOVE LOVE the results.
 |
| Before |
 |
| I started whitewashing on one side to figure out exactly how we wanted to do it. It wasn't too hard. |
 |
| One side done! |
 |
| This really shows how much a little whitewashing can change its appearance. |
 |
| Other side done! |
 |
| After! |
 |
| After |
Overall, it took me 7 hours to whitewash it. We didn't do anything to the back (in Coop's playroom) yet. We might decide to do something different, so we are just waiting to decide what we want to do. I know how to whitewash, if that's what we choose.
We started with spray paint on the doors. After two cans, it just wasn't getting the coverage we wants, so we ended up buying a quart. The coverage was SO much better, but I am glad we spray painted some because it got in spots that would have been hard for me to paint. But now we have lots of paint leftover if anyone needs black high heat paint!
So the house is another step towards feeling like ours... and dare I say that the living room is pretty much done?! We just need a couple of accessories, and I think it will be!
No comments:
Post a Comment