It only took us a week, but we finally finished the guest room!
We sanded and painted the trim. Painted the walls. Painted the closet and trim. Installed new electric outlets and light switches and covers. Installed a new ceiling fan. Hung curtains, mirror, and some pictures.
We still need to paint the doors and ceiling. That will come. One day. In the not near future. :)
Before the room was mauve, but thanks to the lovely light fixtures, there are shadows galore, so it's hard to tell. Now, it's Dancing Leaf green.
 |
| Closet Before |
 |
| Closet After (We were able to unpack 3 boxes that had just been sitting around!) |
 |
| Before |
| |
 |
| After- much better! |
The closet was sort of a beast. The closet was all beat up and had old water stains everywhere. I think
I had to patch and caulk more in the closet than I did in the rest of
the room AND Cooper's room. I ended up just painting it the same color as the trim, which made it pretty easy since I didn't have to be so careful. (Cooper's closet is blue, so if we ever repaint his room, we will need to repaint his closet. Not so in here.) We also only put back in 3 shelves on the right. 6 was too many! And the shelves didn't have caps on the end, so they were very sharp. I even cut my palm putting them back in. So be careful if you ever need anything from the closet!
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
 |
| Before |
 |
| After |
 |
| Donezo! |
Up next is the guest bathroom. We are painting it Dancing Leaf, too. Otherwise it wouldn't be next. We aren't going to do anything other than paint for now. The ceiling fan and old light fixtures will stay until at least next year. We haven't started doing anything to it yet, so maybe by September it will be done. ;) It will be our first room to paint with crown molding, so it will probably take even longer (for some reason, only the bathrooms upstairs have crown, but downstairs it is in every room except the laundry.)
1 comment:
Looking good!!!
Post a Comment