Sunday, September 8, 2013

Labor Day

We had a great time in Mississippi!  J got off early Friday, so we left ATL at 1:45.  And as soon as we got on the interstate, which, you know, is a mile from our apartment, traffic was backed up.  We expected bad traffic, but not quite so soon!  We made it through and had a Cooper stop in Anniston, AL.  He was fussy most of the way and didn't sleep much.  We stopped a couple more times for him, but we made it!  Just in time for bed, naturally.

Saturday,  I made a quick Dirt Cheap run with Nan.  We picked up a few things for Coop- all under $1 of course!  Man, I miss shopping there!  We came back, and the boys were gone.  N got Cooper down for his nap while I showered.  Grannie and Granddaddy had already arrived and KK and Papa Ed weren't far behind.  I mean, they weren't there to see me anyway. ;)



We had a good BBQ lunch (my sandwich was sans sauce... oh, how I miss tomatoes!).  We enjoyed sharing Cooper and catching up.  After I fed Coop, I decided I was tired (we had had a couple of rough nights), so I passed out while everyone else enjoyed Cooper.


Marion and Steven made it to Columbus and got to see Coop before bedtime.  He goes to bed so early as it is, and being in the central time zone made it even earlier!  He was NOT a fan of bath time in MS.  I think he likes laying in his warm bath instead of having to be held and water being poured over him.  After Coop was in bed, we had supper and a little swimming time.  I was too tired to swim, but did manage to sit outside without being eaten by mosquitoes.

Talking to his zebra
Sunday, we had church.  And everyone thought Cooper was awesome- which he is.  He was a champ through church (like normal).  After lunch, we headed to Tupelo to see Mamaw, Papaw, Gran, and Peggy.  It was so good to see them and have them see Cooper.  M&P saw him in the hospital, but hadn't seen him since.  G&P had never met Cooper.  Cooper met 3 great grandparents over the weekend!
Sleeping in the big bed after I soaked my last pnp sheet
We headed back to Columbus to get Cooper in bed (that does seem to be the thing to do!)  After supper, I saw outside while some swam.  I headed to bed pretty early (again, I think that seems to be a pattern!). 

Monday, the boys woke up early (4:30) to go hunting.  J shot at a few birds, but doesn't think he actually hit anything.  Marion, Nan, and I went shopping when they got back.  We hit up dirt cheap (got a $0.60 frame from Target) and Belk to use credit I had.  We got some SUPER cute clothes for Cooper for this winter.  I can't believe how big they are!

After lunch, we hit the road.  This time, the trip was SOOO different.  Cooper slept over half the way home!  We must have worn him out because I haven't ever seen him sleep that much.  It was actually an enjoyable trip back, which we did NOT think would be the case.  If he traveled like that, we might do it more often.  But he doesn't really have a great track record. ;)












No comments: