Bullet points because I think that's all I can handle right now :)
- Cooper is gaining weight and growing like crazy! Last Tuesday (6/11) he was 5 lbs 2 oz. Last Thursday (6/13) he was 5 lbs 4 oz. Yesterday when the early intervention nurse came, he weighed 5 lbs 12.5 oz! All that eating he is doing is working! We go to the doctor again tomorrow, so we will see what that scale says.
- J took today and tomorrow off to spend with
usCoop. It's so nice to have him here with us all day.
- 12 days in the NICU. Those were the longest 12 days of our lives, but we are so glad to have him home! It was crazy fast once they decided to send him home. They told us that Saturday that they usually don't do weekend discharges, so we could expect to go home Monday. Then the doctor came and said we could go home Sunday. J asked when we could get him on Sunday, and the doctor replied, "Anytime." J asked if we could just take him home now since we could get him anytime tomorrow. They said yes! They got all the paperwork together and had us watch a CPR video, and we were out of there!
- We can't take Coop out to public places where he will be exposed to people/germs until he is two months old. However, we are allowed to go on walks, so we have visited two different parks. We also went to Sonic tonight since you don't have to get out of the car. :)
- When we got home tonight, we drove by several SWAT team members and police officers. They were arresting someone by the dumpster. When we got to our parking lot, several of our neighbors were out, so they told us they busted into an apartment in the building next to ours and the guy ran. It was crazy! There was a K9 unit going through the apartment and several police cars around. We hope to find out why they arrested him soon.
- Another photo dump coming soon.
- Cooper was not a fan of baths in the NICU, but thankfully we have not found that to be the case since we came home. I don't think he likes them, but he doesn't scream like he did in the NICU.
- Thanks to not gaining much weight during my pregnancy and breastfeeding, I am now a little under my pre-pregnancy weight. I sure didn't think it would happen so quickly (it only took 10 days).
- Our glider still hasn't come in. Should be any day now. I am looking forward to being able to feed Coop in a chair that has arms! I hope it comes in sooner rather than later. Then maybe I will get Cooper's room more presentable for blog pictures.
- I can't think of anything else to say, so I guess this is it.
No comments:
Post a Comment