Saturday, March 2, 2013

Random Catch-Up

What's been happening?


Kroger only has one of these spots, so it is usually full.  Not that I really need it, but I did use it on a rainy day (as you can tell from the picture.)

 

During my President's Day break, I finally got the guest room curtains up.  The only room in the apartment that we even have curtains for... oh well.  And just act like you don't notice the mirror that still needs to hung.  

  
I also started on our gallery wall, like we had in the house.  This wall is much smaller, so I didn't hang everything like we had it.  It definitely feels more like home now that we have pictures out!

 

Caitlin made a quick trip here last weekend.  We tried out a new restaurant called Pier 213.  They have a restaurant in Mobile and only use seafood from the Gulf. SO GOOD! We had crab claws, fried shrimp, crawfish, and a crab cake sandwich.  The only thing that was lackluster was the hushpuppies, but the sweet tea more than made up for it.  If you come see us, we probably be going here!



We also made a trip to Raleigh over President's Day weekend.  It was so good to see our friends.  We even got to meet the newest member of the bunch, Alana.  I can't believe we will have a baby that small in just a few short months!


It snowed!!! It snowed on our drive from about Lexington all the way to Holly Springs.  It wasn't sticking much except for around Holly Springs, so we got to play in it!  Here is our snowman we made with Audrey.


Audrey making the head of the snowman.

We got to see everyone and catch up.  It's hard to believe we have been gone 3 months! But then we see how much bigger all the kids are and it's not that  hard.  Church was canceled Sunday morning, so we got to enjoy a lazy morning with the Spencers.  Audrey came to play with us at 7:45 because she 'accidentally woke up.'  Too cute!  We had lunch with Anna and Danny.  The next time we see them they will be getting married... and I'll be much larger :)



On our way back from Raleigh, we stopped at the outlets in Gaffney.  Here is what we picked up! It is bigger than our other rug and fills up the space better.  The ottoman covers up most of the green, but we like the other colors it adds.  We both love it! 

I have also started buying cloth diapers.  I think I am addicted.  I discovered a forum where you can buy diapers... that combined with ebay means we don't need many more!  They are sooo cute.  Our baby's booty will be so cute. :) 

I am going to the eye doctor this afternoon.  I hope I can find some cute glasses!  I am also going to the knee doctor the week after next.  I can't hobble around until July, so hopefully I can get something that will help.  My midwife said I was allowed to take 1 Aleve before 32 weeks, so I did that yesterday.  Seriously, yesterday was amazing. No limping and my knot was 1/4 of the size it has been lately.  Hopefully it won't get big again and I can just get some good medicine to keep it from bothering me.

We have booked our flights and hotel in the Everglades, but I still have to get a rental car.  It's just a little over a month away, so I need to get to planning what we'll be doing.  Hopefully my knee will allow us to do some active things (walking/hiking).  We are also planning to go down to the Keys for a day... Woot!

1 comment:

Sophie Wolf said...

I still have yet to get crawfish yet! Is the restaurant in Mobile called Felix's? We love that place!