Saturday, August 1, 2009

A whole lot of nothing

Since the last blog, we have gotten our washer and dryer (and even done some laundry!)

I met the principal of Madison Middle School. The school is SO nice. Well, everything in Madison is nice. I am excited/nervous to start student teaching there in 23 days!

We have also made a few trips to the grocery store. We went armed with tons of coupons. All 3 trips so far, I have saved about 50%, which isn't too bad, but I hope to do better. I read Southern Savers at least once a day! It's amazing how little some people pay for groceries. I am just glad that I have a choice of stores now.

Yesterday, we went shopping because we had some gift cards to use and there was no sales tax on clothes. It was a pretty disappointing trip. We barely found anything we liked. I got a shirt and a pair of dress pants. John got a pair of khakis to replace the ones he lost during the wedding weekend. We still have lots of Belk credit, but we didn't really see anything we wanted. I guess we will wait for a while and go back. It was so crowded and picked through, it was hard to find anything anyway.

Next week, we don't have much to do. We have most everything we need now. Maybe a few trips to the post office. We have listed several books on amazon.com and have sold 4 so far (only mailed 3). I doubt some will sell because there are so many other options, but we'll see. We will like the income from the books, since it's more than we have now! We are going to Kentucky next weekend. Hoepfully, we can make it out to the lake.

Still hoping John will find a job soon. He is applying to jobs and/or emailing people everyday. Hopefully something will happen soon!

No comments: