Monday, August 10, 2009

I got my swim trunks and my flippy floppies

We have spent most of our time so far hanging out with Chris and Courtney. Now they are in Memphis and Bruce doing clinicals, so we'll be bored. :) It's been awesome to have friends to hang out with.

This past weekend, we went to see my family in KY. We had Matt B's (and I had some DQ!!!) We went to the lake where we all became some shade of red. It was fun tubing and swimming though. We also got some green beans, zucchini, and okra! Yum! I am going to make zucchini bread next week to take with me to Hattiesburg.

Next Wednesday starts my final semester! Woo hoo! I start student teaching on the 24th at Madison Middle. Only 123 days until graduation!

I have also been spending a lot of my free time finding coupons. I guess we all need a hobby, and mine will just save us money. Grannie sent us TONS of coupons in the mail the other day, which was added to my growing stash. I made one of my weekly grocery runs to Brookshire's this morning. I got a gallon of milk, 3 lbs of apples, and 6 yoplait yogurts for $7.52. I was pretty excited. I am going to make John's favorite cinnamon apples sometime this week. I am getting pretty excited about Kroger's upcoming mega event. We need some more cereal! Unfortunately, school is going to throw a wrench in my weekly trips, dang it. Doesn't school know when I go to the store every week?

Our dining room table and end table FINALLY came in. I'm not sure when they will actually get to Ridgeland though. It's nice to know they are real though. I spent the past month wondering. :)

Most of our books have sold on amazon now. There are a few left, but I don't really think they will sell because there are so many of the same book for sale. All the big books are gone anyway!

No comments: