It's been a busy weekend! I got off work early Friday and we headed to Columbus. As soon as we got there we went furniture shopping since they were having such good sales. We found exactly the dining room table we were looking for and an end table! Thanks, Grannie and Granddaddy!
Saturday, I got up early to head to Belk with John's mom to finish out my registry and spend some of my Belk credit! I ordered the rest of my dishes, got a down comforter, really cute placemats and napkins, pillows, sheets, blankets, a bathroom rug that matches perfectly and a few other little things! And we still have some left over to buy some clothes. We then went and looked at washers and dryers since we will need them for our new apartment. Of course the ones I like are crazy expensive. We will probably buy a used pair so when we move again I won't care if they get banged up too much.
I also helped John's mom print tons of wedding pictures from Walgreens this weekend. They are having a 10 cent per print special, so John's mom printed 250 pictures I think. She also had coupons for $5 off that she used. This morning when she went to pick up the last 2 orders, she discovered it was $5 off when you spent $20! But they had worked the other 3 times! Then for some reason, they didn't charge her for all the prints. So she ended up getting 250 prints for ~$6!
While we were there we picked up their old desktop since my laptop died. It is already so nice having 2 computers again!
Tomorrow after work, we are heading to Biloxi for a couple of days since John's dad is going to a convention down there. John can meet some people and we can go shopping at the outlets! Maybe we will even get some fresh seafood.
We are hoping to hear in the next couple of days about the apartment. We are getting excited about moving to a new place in a new city. We are still hopeful John will find a job soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment