Thursday, July 31, 2014

Life Lately

Here's what we've been up to lately:
Cooper kisses Daddy bye bye in the morning
A trip to Kentucky so J could play in a golf tournament.

Playing with Dub Dub's sunglasses while mommy is furniture shopping

Splash Pad at Dub Dub and OG's
I made the leap and finally got a food processor.  My first thing to make: Black Bean Brownies.  And they were seriously good!!!!  I will be making them again.

Yummy goodness.  Poor J didn't get to eat many...
The weather has been amazing lately- especially for July!  So we have spent plenty of time outside this week.





Blue sky and white clouds
My first cantaloupe was finally ripe!

Apparently, the crack indicates that it's ready to eat!

Juicy and Sweet!


I also made another loaf of bread this week.  I tried a new recipe, as we were wanting something more sandwich like.  I modified this recipe, and it turned out great!  (I added flaxmeal and chia seeds, which I think gave it good texture.)  It still wasn't as airy as store bought bread, but this recipe is definitely a keeper!  I will have to get some more loaf pans so I can bake more than one loaf at a time.

Ready for rise #1

Ready for rise #2

Ready for the oven

Ready for consumption!
Since the weather was so great, I took Cooper to the zoo.  A friend and her little boy met us there.  We fed the giraffes!  It was so much fun.  One of them came out of nowhere and just started taking the lettuce out of our hands.  It took Coop a few minutes to warm up to the idea, but he fed the giraffe a couple of pieces.

Giraffes coming for us (and the lettuce!)

Not a carousel fan

Making friends with the sleeping panda

Watching the penguins (his favorite)

It licked me!

Cooper found a stick and would.not.let.go.

Mommy's little gardener

No comments: