It's house update time! Since we just had visitors handier than ourselves, we made a few small changes. We also had a special delivery.
First, my parents delivered our Christmas present from Mamaw and Papaw.
We might paint it at some point... or restain it. Who knows?! All I know is that I am tired of sanding! Daddy and J added some support brackets (or whatever they are called) so it won't slam down too fast. Yay more storage! You will also notice our blackout curtains. Amazing! I have been sleeping til 8:30 or 9 now. Less than $10 at JoAnn's and a little glue.
Next up will benefit Marion more than us. My parents also got to use it some.
Yay for ceiling fans! Daddy and J installed this while Momma and I cooked... or read. I can't remember which. Now that down comforter in the guest room will be easier to sleep under. I also added blackout curtains in here, but I didn't take a picture. $4 spent on those in the guest room. Sweet dreams!
Next was something we had planned for a while, but just never did it. Well, check it off the list!
Now I might answer the door before I can see you when you are walking away. It was super easy (you know, since I just told them where to put it :)) I would think that the boys would say it was fairly simple, too. In fact, a handyman usually charges around $41 (according to some research Daddy did), so J is just going to start a peephole installation business. Ha!
Things we have done/been working on but not pictured:
- Blackout curtain for my homemade Roman Shade. Pretty much no light gets through that thing. And it's cute, too! Who knew I could be sew crafty?! The total cost was less than $20!
-Sanding and priming dining room chairs. I have 6 chairs now thanks to Craigslist and the thrift store. I have sanded all 6 and primed 3. Now Marion can start painting and distressing. I am hoping we will work on them some this week! Marion only has 2 weeks left here, so we better get on it!
So we had a good visit from Momma and Daddy. We made (thanks to many ideas from Pinterest!):
- Crockpot Cheesecake (always a winner, seriously. TRY IT! Just add a little vanilla)
- Crockpot Breakfast Casserole (it was pretty bland to be honest)
- Skinny(ish) Enchiladas (pretty good! I didn't use fat free, just low fat options)
-Cinnamon Ice Cream, using our favorite ice cream recipe
- I have also been making this iced coffee. Marion and I have been enjoying a glass a day, and Daddy seemed to enjoy it while he was here.
We also grilled out, fried some veggies, ate at Mimi's Cafe, and had fresh tomatoes (sadly, not from my garden :( ) We enjoyed a trip to the Flea Market and watching We Bought a Zoo. It was much better than I thought it would be! It was a short, but fun trip. Being 11 hours away isn't fun, but it makes you enjoy the visits more!
Now I am working on planning our back to school trip... we have no clue where we'll end up going, but I am sure we'll land somewhere neat!

1 comment:
We made your blog!!! and I found my battery charger.
Post a Comment