Today, we planned a road trip to Bern. It was supposed to be cloudy and rainy, so there wasn't much we could do around the valley. I wasn't feel great, but it soon passed. So after a breakfast of Dinklepops from Coop, we headed to to train station. Wengen to Lauterbrunnen; change trains to Interlaken; change trains to Bern. Normally, this would have been an easy trip, but I started feeling sick again. Oh no. I now have the unique experience of throwing up out the window of a moving train in the Lauterbrunnen Valley. Awesome.
| Dinklepops |
After my episode on the train, I was feeling much better. We headed to Bern. Turns out it was a good thing the train to Bern had a bathroom... But we were on our way, so I wasn't going to let anything stop us. Who knows if we'll ever be back?! So we went to Bern and explored the Old Town.
I, again, wasn't feeling too well, so we decided to head back. It was a 2 hour train ride back to the condo... but we had to get to the train first! We hopped on a bus to the train station. The train station is HUGE and is more like a shopping mall. J picked up some lunch.
On the train to Interlaken, we met a nice British couple and enjoyed talking with them. They were planning a four week trip here! They were going to the Biltmore, Churchill Downs, and tons of other stuff. It was interesting to hear them talk about how excited they were to visit the US. I guess since we live here, we don't really think about it being fun to come here. :) We made it back to Wengen, and I immediately put on my pjs. We spent the rest of the day watching weird BBC and MTV shows (the only English channels we could pick up.) J walked around Wengen some while I rested. It was a rainy day, and it stunk being sick. But at least we didn't miss too much since it was rainy!
to be continued...








No comments:
Post a Comment