Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hello, Autumn!

While it has been very rainy here this week, the temperatures have been nice. This weekend has been sunny and perfect!

Monday night I didn't have class, so I met with a project partner at a coffee shop to work on a video. This is where I discovered red espresso. SO good! No caffeine and apparently, better for you. I had a pumpkin spice red espresso latte. A mouthful for sure, but oh so delicious! The coffee shop is pretty out of out way, so I doubt I will get to stop by often.

Tuesday, I had girls' night with the young married ladies from church. Wednesday, I had class; last week was SOOOO nice with no class. Next Wednesday, we begin clinics where we actually are going to diagnose students with reading problems. Thursday, I video conferenced with a different project partner to work on this week's deadlines. Whew! I feel like I don't sit still. Friday was an interesting day at work that involved some legal issues, so that made for a long day.

J got to wear jeans on Wednesday, which was a treat!

I ordered from jeans and a couple of shirts from J Crew Factory this week. There was a sale and a coupon code. I LOVE my purchases and wished I had ordered more. The jeans I bought fit me almost perfectly.. just an inch too long. I need to figure out what to do about that!

Friday, we had a date night. J even came to the door and rang the doorbell. He also opened doors for me almost all night. I can't remember the last time that happened. We went to eat at a Japanese place in town. We had sushi! (Eel is still our favorite.) Then we went bowling. It was so crowded, but it was fun. I broke 75 both times! Impressed? I was. J beat me both times, of course. We had a good time though!

Today was a beautiful autumn day! We had the windows opened and enjoyed watching football (even if we did lose. That's the typical story for State.) After the game, we went for a nice walk. There is a park with trails within walking distance of our house, but we had never been. We decided to change that. It was a nice area- much bigger than we thought. We took a trail, then took a greenway to the community center, then walked back home. Now that we know how nice the trails are, we will definitely be going back! When we got home, we made stuffed shells. It was intense labor wise, but they turned out great. Hopefully, (if I can find time) I will post pictures and the recipe soon.

This coming week, I have several meetings. I also have class on Monday and Wednesday this week. It has been 3 weeks since that has happened. I was enjoying it! I still have 2 Monday classes where we won't meet and 1 week where my Wednesday class doesn't meet, so I am looking forward to those! I also found out that next semester I will have class from 4-10 on Mondays. Going to be a long semester!

Friday, J is taking off work, and when I get home we are heading to the mountains! So excited :)

No comments: