Tuesday, June 14, 2011

First Day of Summer

We have been super busy lately!

In the house we have:

Installed the ceiling fan in our room. This took us a lot longer than planned! Since we don't have a ladder, we stood on a stool on the bed. We are still a little too short to put the canopy on, but we are hoping to try again when we aren't tired of trying!It is controlled by a remote, and the first one didn't work. Thankfully since we ordered 2 fans, we used the remote from the other one and it worked. Now we have to take the other one back, then we can put the other one up in the living room.


Painted the entryway (don't forget you can click a picture to see it better... I need to work on the opaqueness of the blog!)

before

after

I am hoping to get some pictures put up this week so it doesn't look so bare.

Painted the dining room


before


after
I am in LOVE with the color of the dining room! I can't wait to get everything else painted.

In other news...

J had a birthday! We celebrated Friday night with steak, baked potatoes, and cake (yellow with chocolate icing.) Saturday, J got up early and played golf with some friends, then we made ice cream with his new ice cream maker. It was delish!!! I think homemade ice cream might become a staple in our house!

Happy Birthday, J!

I have been busy working on my online class. In fact, this morning I have been working on a project that is due tomorrow (don't worry, it's almost complete.) I have 3 more forum discussions and 1 more project until I am finished with my first grad school class. My next one starts July 3, I believe. I am so glad I didn't take two at once. I would have been so overwhelmed especially at the end of the school year. I don't even want to think about taking two classes and working in the fall.

Today is my first day of summer, and I have a list of things I need to get done. Not all today though. Since we are having people visit us soon, we would like to get the house a little more put together. Caitlin and Brian will be here next week, so I need to get busy! I also need to get a library card here in our new town because I have been driving back to Lillington to get books. (I still need to take one back!)

My check engine light came on yesterday, so I need to take it to the shop... thankfully, it didn't come on during the school year!

We have had a few spiders (google wolf spiders to see what we have been dealing with- I can't look at them!) We had the bug man come and so far, we have seen fewer spiders. Hopefully we won't see any anymore!

Our neighborhood is coming along. There are 6 houses under construction right now. 2 are almost complete and are sold. 4 more were just started. None of them are next to us yet, and I hope it stays that way for a while! At least until school starts back. I want to be able to sleep in!

That is all I can think of for now... hopefully I can blog more regularly during the summer.

1 comment:

Wyneth said...

Yay! You updated and put pictures up.I love the colors of your rooms so far and can't wait to see them.See you soon!