Christmas break!! yay! I am very glad to be off for (almost) 2 weeks! One perk of being a teacher! :)
This past week was a bit crazy! I had a workshop in Raleigh on Monday. It was nothing special. A waste of time really, but it was something besides real work, so that was nice! Tuesday was Natalie's birthday, so I made cupcakes, and Charray and I headed to Fayetteville to celebrate with her. We picked up Marci, and ate at an Italian place before heading to Nat's apartment for cupcakes and presents.
Thursday we didn't have school! It snowed early in the morning, then turned to freezing rain. Wednesday night, they announced a two hour delay. Then Thursday morning at 7 they canceled school! J was supposed to go to Raleigh to take 2 more insurance tests. He left at 6:45, but got stuck here in town for 1.5 hours because of a wreck. He couldn't even turn around and come home. He just went to straight to work, and will reschedule the tests. Hopefully for some time next week. We also has J's office Christmas party. It was at a B&B in Dunn. It was fun fun, but short. The spinach artichoke dip was SO good!
Friday, we rented a Redbox and had some chili.
Saturday, we were about to go running outside, when it started sleeting! So we changed plans and went to the gym. Afterwards, we went to Food Lion and got stuff to a make white chocolate covered pretzels. Yummy!
Yesterday, we made it up to Cary for class again. It is pretty good. We are thinking about placing membership soon. Just wished we lived a little closer so we could be more involved.
Today, I taught the 7:45 class, then met with Natalie. Now I am just going to read until J comes home. We have finished all our shopping (our last gift should arrive tomorrow), so I am going to enjoy doing nothing. :)
We are leaving Thursday night for Mississippi and will get back sometime Monday... will be a quick trip!
Also, I have decided to get my master's in Curriculum & Instruction: New Literacies and Global Learning with a focus in K-12 Reading. I am taking the GRE on Jan 29 and hope to start at NCSU in June! I am planning on going part time (2 classes), so I will still work. If all goes according to plan, I will graduate in May '13!
No comments:
Post a Comment