Because of the weather, we have been running outside more. And we officially signed up for our first 5K today. It is on Halloween in Raleigh. Now we just have to figure out what to dress up as that will let us still run!
We also made our first Apple Pies of the season... flat (Pioneer Woman style) of course!
Wednesday was an adventure we haven't had before... which is great since we have been together for 4 years. John locked himself out of the house and his car. He went to leave for work, locked the door behind him, only to realize that his keys were inside. He called me several times, but since I was with students, I didn't hear until almost 9. I had a meeting I couldn't miss, but thankfully, I gave him the landlady's number and the neighbor drove him over to get the spare key. He was only a little late for work... and we have now found a good hiding spot for a spare key. :)
This weekend, we had planned on going to see some of my students from MSD play in a volleyball tournament at the Eastern North Carolina School for the Deaf, but we couldn't get any information about when they would play! We called several people, but never got anywhere. :( So we stayed home and watched several movies (thanks Netflix!) We watched Arranged Friday night, and Greta, Sherlock Holmes, and Angels & Demons Saturday. The we watched some good football. Go Gamecocks! woot. So excited to see Bama lose. We should have gone to THAT game!
Today, we went to church in Cary again. We were super excited a Jason's Deli just opened up not far from there, so we had that for lunch. SO GOOD! Might be a regular Sunday thing. We headed to Old Navy and Michael's and picked up a couple of things before heading to Kroger and then home.
Now we are grilling out since it is not too hot and not too cold.
This week should be a pretty good week. I don't have ANY meetings (at this moment), and we are going to the Duke vs. Miami game this coming weekend! The next weekend, my parents will be here!
No comments:
Post a Comment