Delay in posting this week since my parents were here. :)
Last week seems so long ago, and it is only Monday! I know my week wasn't too bad. I did have a quick meeting on Wednesday with 2 hours notice. Somehow I made it work though. J had class Tues-Thurs in Raleigh. He also took 4 more tests, and we should find out about those this week.
Thursday after class, J went to the airport and picked up mom and dad. When they got here, we ate at the Fish Fry. We had heard good things about it, but never been (even though it is like 3 blocks from the house!) It was pretty good!
Friday, I had a workday, but I did manage to take mom and dad around to most of my schools. We stopped in Wal-Mart to buy a springform pan. We then came home and made pumpkin cheesecake. That was an adventure. We didn't read the directions all the way through, so we were quite surprised to learn we had to cook it in a water bath. (Oh! That's why we wrapped the outside in foil..) And mom can't read (TABLEspoon is not the same as TEASPOON.) But it still turned out delicious. I am planning to make it for Thanksgiving... we'll see though!
Friday night, we went to eat at Yamato and then went bowling. It was a good time, even if the guy next to us had my ending score in 3 frames...
Saturday, we had sort of a lazy day. Mom and I walked around a lot, then we all headed to Sunny Skies for ice cream. We then drove to Fuquay and back home for football. I cooked spaghetti for supper, and the bulldogs won!!!
Sunday, we went to church in Cary, then ate at Jason's Deli. We walked around a lot of the stores, then headed tot he TJ Maxx in Apex. Heaven! We watched some football, ate some pizza, and just enjoyed being together. Mom and Dad left this morning right after I left for work.
This week we will be busy trying to prepare for our 5K Sunday. We haven't run in a week! It's going to be a long week. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment