Monday, June 21, 2010

Full Week!

This week we had visitors! J's mom and sister came and stayed with us. They came up Tuesday, so I spent Monday reading and cleaning.

Tuesday night when they got here, we decided to go bowling and eat in the cafe at the bowling alley. Well, we forgot socks, so we went to Wal-Mart and got some cheap ones. We ate at the Rev-Up Cafe, which was very underwhelming. We then go to get a lane, but apparently Monday- Thursday from 5:30-9:30, they have league bowling. So we just left.

Wednesday, we ate lunch with J at Mi Casita in Dunn. Much better than the one here. Then we headed to Apex to do a little shopping. We came back and I cooked spaghetti for supper.

Thursday, we went into Cary and Raleigh for some shopping. We ate lunch at my favorite, Cafe Carolina. Thursday, we grilled hot dogs and hamburgers for supper.

Friday, we got up and went to Wrightsville Beach, which is just over 2 hours away. It was cloudy, but the water wasn't bad. The beach was crowded, but still fun. We went into downtown Wilmington for lunch/supper. I wasn't really impressed with Wilmington, but I am glad to say I have gone. Hopefully next time we can try out a less crowded beach.

Saturday, J played golf and J's mom went with him after we had tacos from the taco trailer. It was good, but expensive. We also went to a used bookstore downtown and bought a few cheap paperbacks for my trip next week. Marion and I worked on some of her history quizzes for her online class. Those quizzes were tough! So glad I am done with college. We ordered calzones and strombolis from Papa's. So good. Probably better than Stromboli's in Starkville. We also watched a good bit of golf (US Open.)

Sunday, we went to church, then to Cook-Out. We also checked out Big Lots and Ollie's, which is like a nice Treasure Hunt/Dirt Cheap. We found a few things before heading home. Then J and M went to play some golf which we went to Whole Foods and Kroger. It was a fun little trip.

They left this morning, so I have been to the library and the grocery store (see coupon blog.) Now I better get to reading!

No comments: