Sunday, October 25, 2009

What a week!

This has been an awesome week!

Let's start with Monday:


Monday we went to the fair since it was $2 day! Since it had been raining so much, the fair was extended to Monday. They were running a special: $2 parking, $2 entrance, $2 corndogs. Kate Kate just happened to send us some money that we got on Monday, so we went. We ended up parking in the public library parking lot (even though the guard told us not to), so we didn't pay the parking fee. We each got a foot long corn dog and we shared an apple funnel cake (seen above) and a sweet tea. We tried to win a goldfish, but it wasn't our day. We mainly just walked around and people watched. It was so fun!

Tuesday

John got a call for a seasonal job at Barnes and Noble. It was just an interview, but it went well. I got an email from a lady in McAllen, TX wanting to set up an interview with me for a job there. Things were looking up!

Wednesday


I had signed up for a free $15 box of Edible Arrangements through a promotion. This is what we got! SO good!


Thursday


We did a little Christmas shopping.

Friday
John got a call about the seasonal job! Yay! My interview was postponed to next week, but I did speak with a lady in TX for a few minutes. We drove to Columbus for the weekend.

Saturday
Was game day!


Even though we didn't win, I can say that Florida and Tebow are so overrated! Go STATE! The game was awesome. The atmosphere was insane. What a great day!


Sunday

We headed back home early because John had orientation for his job. After 2.5 hours of orienting, he came home and we carved our pumpkin.

Cutting into the pumpkin:


J cleaning out the pumpkin:


Me carving the eyes:


The final product:


Overall, it has been a great week. I have 5 weeks left of student teaching. It has been challenging, but I really like it. I am learning more and more everyday.

John has an interview for a real job on Tuesday with Frito Lay. As happy as we are that we will have some income, a real job would be great!

And here's a pumpkin or two for you!

1 comment:

Kent said...

YAH!!!!

I'm glad things are coming together for ya'll. Hang in there; the best is yet to come! :)