Sunday, October 18, 2009

Fall is here!

It almost seemed to skip fall and jump to winter. It has been pretty chilly! The wind has not helped anything. But in typical Mississippi fashion, it will be mid-70s again this week. :)

It has been a long week. My placement as MSD was finally decided Wednesday morning, but not after I spent a day in kindergarten. I was so glad to have high school back. It was a hard week since it felt like I was walking into another world. Language wise it was completely overwhelming, but I'll make it though and come out a better signer. I start teaching two classes tomorrow, and I would be lying if I said I wasn't nervous. Thankfully, the students in those two classes are nice and are patient with me. I am not looking forward to teaching the middle school girls. Can you say HORMONAL? It is bad! I do enjoy Fridays though because the students leave at 1:30 :) I have to stay until at least 3 though, but I get lots of work done!

I have also started applying for jobs. It is zero fun. Most places do not accept a resume, so I have to type the same information over and over and over. Hopefully, a job will come out of it though. And a job in a place where John can work, too.

Richard came down this weekend. We went to Krispy Kreme! We also went to the Jackson Street Fall Festival in Ridgeland. It was very disappointing. Not much activity. Richard also introduced us to Farm Town on Facebook. We were both anti-applications on Facebook- until Friday. We are both addicted now. In 48 hours, we have both reached level 24 of 34.

Yesterday, I made Chicken Taco Pasta. I had found it as a healthy recipe using ground beef, but we had chicken thawed, so that's what we used. It was so good! Just pasta, chicken with taco seasoning, salsa, sour cream, and corn. Yummy!

Next weekend is the Florida-State game in Starkville, so we will probably head that way Friday.

Well, I need to go plow so I can move up another level in Farm Town!

1 comment:

nan said...

Sounds super busy! Glad you got moved to HS. Looking forward to seeing you both!