Monday, July 29, 2013

Life Lately

I thought it might be time for a real (ish) update since it has pretty much been months.  Although, don't lie, all you want to see is the Cooper pictures anyway!

Well our world now revolves around Cooper.  THANKFULLY, he is finally old enough to get out of the house, because I was going crazy!

The first two weeks he was home, everything was great.  He ate a lot, but when he wasn't eating, he was sleeping.  After the first two weeks, yeah, that went out the window.  He doesn't like sleeping during the day much.  After stressing about it for too long, I am just going to have to accept that is the way it is.  He catnaps in the mornings, but he usually does take one good, long nap in the afternoons.  And so far (knock on wood), he does really well at night.  He wake up, eats, and passes back out.  Well, except for the past few nights- he has been so gassy he wakes up and has a hard time going back to sleep.  Last night he was up 3 times (in addition to eating times).  I plan to ask the doctor about it when we go today!  I can't take it much longer- poor baby!  He has started sleeping about 3 hours at night before waking up to eat, so that is great for me!  For a while, he was waking up every hour and forty five minutes.  If not being able to go out won't drive you crazy- that will!  Since he was eating so often, we haven't considered moving him to his crib.  Now if he stays consistent with the 3 - 3.5 hours between feedings, we might consider it.  We still need to get the monitor though-  I have been waiting since I can use the completion discount at BRU, but wanted to wait until after our church shower.  We have been blessed with enough gifts to cover the cost of it though!


Us with Dustin, Allison, and their son, Carter. Carter is 16 days younger than Cooper.

The nursery is pretty much finished now.  I need to take some good pictures of the entire room.  I still need to hang one picture, but that's it.  And you know, put away some things I just leave laying in the floor since Cooper doesn't actually sleep in there yet...

We finally got the glider in the BBB, but there is a stain on the cushion.  Little Castle (glider company) is supposed to be sending us a new one.  After how much that chair costs (thanks, Dub Dub and OG), it better not have a stain that is not our doing!

Glider finally here!
I am adjusting to staying at home.  I did have the opportunity to go back to work at a middle school though.  It has been hard since I don't really have any friends to come visit us, and we haven't been able to get out.  I am hoping that now we can go places (grocery store, library, Target), I will not be so stressed!

In my abundant free time (ha), I mastered the bacon weave for a BLT
I have always looked forward to when J got home since I was always home before he was.  Now I feel that way times 1000.  It is nice to have someone else take Cooper for a while so I can get some time to myself... you know, to catch up on laundry and whatnot.


Maya Wrap
I ordered a Moby Wrap so I would be able to do more around the house since I would be hands free... but it was WAY too complicated for me.  I ordered a ring sling, and so far so good!  I haven't actually worn it to get stuff done yet.  Cooper falls asleep easily in it, so I have worn it for that reason. :)  As I type this with two hands, he is asleep in it now!


J and me
We finally got to get out on Saturday.  I actually took Cooper to brunch on Thursday and Walgreens on Friday since I needed to get out of the house.  We walked and he fell asleep in the stroller.  Double win!  Exercise for me and sleep for Coop.  Saturday, we got up and went to the Farmers' Market in downtown Marietta.  It was also the Artists' Market weekend, so it was neat to see different things.  We got some purple hull peas... so excited to eat some... just gotta find time to cook them first.  Then we drove 30 minutes to Decatur for lunch.  We wanted some Community Q! And it was  so good.  Coop was a champ and had a great day!


Found this on Pinterest at just the right time.

Peas
Sunday was also an exciting day.  I hadn't been to church in over 3 months, and it was Cooper's first time.  He did great!  He did take a bottle right when we got there even though I fed him right before we left.  He fell asleep during the sermon and didn't wake up until we got home- we even went to Trader Joe's and Target!  (We had to get a new microwave.  We just got ours in December, but it wouldn't work all the time, and I gotta have my microwave!)

    
First time to church!

So that's been our life lately- stressful & fun at the same time.  We wouldn't have it any other way.  Although maybe a few less tears on my part! :)

No comments: