It's here. How? We are not sure.
He is changing so quickly. He is making new noises and growing bigger each nap (ha, what's that?!), I think.
We have a doctor appointment Monday, so I will update this post with his stats then. I am not looking forward to shots!
Diapers: Finished off what we have of newborn and into size 1! We are doing cloth diapers during the day and using up the disposable diapers that we have at night. Once we go through those, we plan to do 100% cloth!
Clothes: He outgrew newborn sleepers earlier than onesies, but we are in 0-3 months and 3 months. Even some of the 3 month sleepers don't seem like they will fit long.
Growing Up: He is making higher pitched noises and lifting his head for longer periods of time. He also likes to bear weight on his legs for a couple of seconds at a time. We also had to move the head rest up in his car seat. He even found his thumb this month!
Likes: Swinging, eating, sleeping, his paci, stretching, blowing bubbles
Dislikes: Going to sleep, napping, getting out of the bath, having his diaper changed
Schedule: We still don't really have one. We try to put him down for bed around 9, but that's the extent of our schedule right now. Since he is still only 2 weeks adjusted, it is not really recommended to put him on a schedule. He just eats whenever he is hungry, which is every 1.5-3.5 hours around the clock. The 3.5 hour stretch is rare and happens at night when it does make an appearance, although it has been happening more often lately (knock on wood!).
Moments: First time in drug store (Walgreens), first time in a restaurant (J. Christopher's), first time out as a family (Farmer's Market & Community Q), slept in crib for 5 minutes
Schedule: We still don't really have one. We try to put him down for bed around 9, but that's the extent of our schedule right now. Since he is still only 2 weeks adjusted, it is not really recommended to put him on a schedule. He just eats whenever he is hungry, which is every 1.5-3.5 hours around the clock. The 3.5 hour stretch is rare and happens at night when it does make an appearance, although it has been happening more often lately (knock on wood!).
Moments: First time in drug store (Walgreens), first time in a restaurant (J. Christopher's), first time out as a family (Farmer's Market & Community Q), slept in crib for 5 minutes
He started taking a bottle again after refusing it for a couple of weeks last month. He gets his vitamins and probiotic in a bottle everyday. On the weekends, J gives him a bottle during the night so I can get a break.
UPDATE:
Weight: 9 lbs. 8 oz (10%, 54% adjusted)
Height: 22.75 in (40%, 92% adjusted)
Head: 14.5 in (5%, 50% adjusted)
Cooper got a great report from the doctor, although it looks like he might be developing an allergy to dairy. If his gas doesn't get better in a week, then I have to eliminate all dairy from my diet for a month to see if it helps. If I have to do that, I wonder if it will be harder than the diabetes diet.... I hope I don't have to find out.
Next appointment: September 30

No comments:
Post a Comment