We can finally sit at our dining room table that we bought in February! Of course, we have only eaten at it once, but at least we can. With just the two of us, we usually eat at the smaller table in the kitchen. So now we can have company over and all sit together! I spent hours searching craigslist and thrift shops to get the chairs. Then hours sanding and priming. Marion helped me paint and distress them, which I am sure you guessed, took hours. We then bought fabric and reupholstered them ourselves. Including the chairs, we spent just a little over $200 for 6 chairs! Not bad for custom chairs. We still plan on getting two more eventually, but I am not up for all the work right now! We have almost everything we need to paint and cover those, so besides the cost of the chairs, it shouldn't cost too much.
I have also talked about, but I don't think I have put a picture up of the Roman shade I made for the kitchen. I lined it after I made it, so it is still a little stiff, but it does block out the light well! We usually only open it halfway since the view of the neighbors' living room isn't that interesting.
We also enjoyed a Durham Bulls game this week. We bought a Living Social deal in April and time was running out for us to use it. We went with some of our friends, and the weather was perfect! I can't believe we weren't sweating to death in August. The game was boring, but the food and company was good. Which is the only reason I even wanted to go to the game. The Bulls won 1-0. And of course, J bought a shirt afterwards. I guess that means we will have to go again!
In a couple of weeks, we are heading to Myrtle Beach for the weekend. I can't believe school starts back in just over 2 weeks! I'm not ready!

No comments:
Post a Comment