Friday, August 24, 2012

Lately...



We enjoyed a quick, but relaxing trip to Myrtle Beach.  We found a deal on Groupon, so off we went. We stayed at a resort, which had pools, lazy rivers, a putt putt course, and of course, the beach!


We ate at one really great place and several okay places. Since my parents are heading that way soon, I will quickly detail them. :)

Damon's- the food was okay. There was not a big selection of seafood, which is one reason we went to the beach.
The Beach House- The porch was nice to sit on, but that was about it. The shrimp wasn't very fresh tasting and the service was poor.  The fries were good though!

Noizy Oyster- SO worth the wait! They are big Ravens fans, and there happened to be a pre-season game on, so it took a while to get seated. Crab cake= amazing. Steamed shrimp=amazing. If we are ever in Myrtle again, we will go back!
Ultimate California Pizza- Good selection, pizza was pretty good
River City Cafe- average burger and fries... plenty of other options, so we'd skip it in the future.
It did rain some, but overall it was a great trip. I didn't think about going back to work at all! We did to the putt putt course at our resort. What a joke! I can't believe we would have had to pay for another round. There are tons around that would have been way more fun.


I started back to work Monday. At first, I was wondering what I was going to do for 5 workdays. Now I am wondering where the time went!! I still have so much to do, and I have 2 days of workshops next week. It has been an adjustment waking up early everyday. Coffee is my BFF.

In other random news, I finally made homemade lasagna! I actually made it 3 weeks ago during my freezer cooking session. We cooked it tonight.  It was so good! I can't believe I have never made it before. I made spinach lasagna this time, but I will probably make something a little different next time.



Other than that, there isn't much going on around here. Our life is basically work/gym/sleep repeat with church thrown in some. :) And grad school work. So basically, don't expect an exciting update until.... June?! Ha, just kidding... hopefully.

1 comment:

MSpencer said...

Looking through your blog and the last paragraph just made me laugh. How much excitement were you hoping for? :-)