Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Well.. I'm here!

It has been a while since the last update. And man, things have changed.

So last Wednesday I was offered the job in NC. We set a start date of Feb. 8. We spent the rest of Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday packing. We went to Columbus Friday. Tuesday morning, J's mom and I headed for NC. We drove 10 hours in the rain, but we made it. We looked at two houses outside of Lillington Tuesday night. They were awful. Thankfully, things got better. :)

After we drove around town, we went to Waffle House and drank too much coffee. We woke up this morning and headed out for the coffee shop and to scope out the area. We met our first appointment early. It was a nice house, but not really ready to move in. It was also on the upper end of our budget. The outside was much nicer than the inside. We also looked at several apartments- one was extremely weird. It was a house divided into two parts. One was an apartment. One was a photographer studio. The photographer controlled the heat/air. Anyway, we didn't really want an apartment. We then went to the house we had been waiting to see. J had called last week about this house. A little older lady is renting it out. 3 bedrooms, 1 bathroom. $495/mo. That was just insanely inexpensive. We were sold- but we had to buy a stove and a fridge. So off to Lowe's (in the neighboring town) we went after setting up the cable to watch the Superbowl. We bought a stove and a fridge and headed to eat. We will buy a mailbox later. The post office JUST started delivering mail not long ago. Apparently, everyone has a P.O. box.

Tomorrow we will go to some thrift shops and to get the rest of the utilities turned over to our name. Mom and dad should be here sometime tomorrow. It is all coming together! I can't help but think how much God has blessed us this past week. Everything is falling into place, and it is all His work!


(I am also excited to go to the grocery store Saturday after the fridge is delivered!)

1 comment:

Sophie Wolf said...

So exciting!!! I can't wait to see pictures. ;)