We are all in our new (to us) rental HOUSE! We are so excited to be in a house! No address included Apt. No upstairs neighbors. So far, so good!
Thursday, I finished turning over all the utilities. J's mom and I ventured to Fuquay to find the grocery stores and church and made our way to Apex. There is some amazing shopping there. HUGE Dollar Tree, AMAZING TJ Maxx, and a SuperTarget. Life is good. :) My parents arrived Thursday night, and after a meal at Waffle House, we went to buy a mailbox. I also showed them around Erwin and Dunn. While all that was happening, J, J's dad, and Dustin loaded the moving truck in the rain. Then, J and J's dad hit the road. They spent the night outside of Atlanta.
Friday, I, of course, woke up early. J's mom and I headed to the house to start cleaning. My parents joined us later. We cleaned and put together a few things. For lunch, we headed to Burger King. We should have known better. They had no burgers! Fail. We drove down the street to Hardee's. When we were finished eating, we guided the moving truck to our house. We then unloaded the truck in the rain/sleet. When it was almost all in, a transformer blew on our block. No power. I did know where our oil lamp and lantern were located, so I dug those out. It came back on about an hour and a half later. We finally finished unloading and got most things unpacked!
Saturday, J and I woke up at 6:30 because Lowe's called to tell us they had our stove, but not the fridge. :( They delivered the stove at 8 or so. We then go back to bed. 15 minutes later, the cable guy was here to install cable and internet. Who knew deliveries and installations actually happened on time?!?! We were up for the day. We finished unpacking, my mom and I ran to Lowe's to buy a cabinet, Anna came over, we hung some pictures, and I went to the store (see coupon blog.) It has just been an exhausting few days. But we are here and getting settled. We are going to a church in Fuquay this morning. Superbowl tonight. WORK TOMORROW! Ahh.
Pictures to come later. I promise. I just want everything to look good (read: better) first!
Oh, and I am sure to have some landlady stories for you. I will have to have a dedicated post for that.
1 comment:
Have you guys gotten any snow yet or has it all been freezing rain??
I'm so excited for you!! (Especially about that Super Target and TJMaxx!!)
Good luck with your job on Monday!!
Post a Comment