Since we got back from Boston, we are getting settled into a new routine. I have class on Monday nights. It is nice that I only have class one day a week, but that also means all my assignments are due on the same day. I am trying to do a little everyday so it's not overwhelming. I am really liking my classes though. Makes me want to be a professional student!
A new semester has also started for work, so I have to get used to a new schedule! It will probably take me a couple of weeks, but over all I think I will like it better.
Our friends from church had their baby on Wednesday. She is so pretty. That means we'll be one family down on our Sunday night meals, but it's all for a good cause. (And no, it doesn't make us want one- just the opposite I think!)
We enjoyed watching State beat Vandy at our friends' house. Their little girl is obsessed with J. When we went to their house around Christmas, she gave J some candy. He figured she would want it later and just left it there. Well apparently, she really wanted him to have it and had been asking where J was for 2 weeks (while we gone to Boston.) She declared he must be on a date! Too cute. J did eat the candy during the basketball game. And she did manage to give me a candy cane, although I was instructed that J had to sit beside her during supper. "You can't sit there! That's John's seat," were her exact words.
Last weekend we rented Moneyball and the Ides of March. I really liked both, but J wasn't a fan of Ides. Gotta love RedBox!
We have also implemented a cleaning schedule. Since between work and school I sometimes neglect the house, we came up with a few things we do each day. While our house is never Mamaw or Kate Kate clean, it is much improved day-to-day. And I admit this is weird, but I love steam mopping. I simply cannot believe how much filth is on the floor!
We also tried a new recipe this week. I found it in Coupon Kitchen. J's friend at work introduced him to it. I have found that it is a great resource! Healthy meals on a budget! We have tried 2 or 3 meals from there and liked them all. And it helps us introduce something new into our standard routine of meals.
J borrowed season 1 of Supernatural from a friend at work, so we are planning to watch that this weekend (along with a basketball game, of course.) Glad it is warm outside. Today it reached 71! Love it! Too bad we still have 2 months of winter to go; who knows if we can keep the mild temperature trend.
No comments:
Post a Comment