Friday, December 30, 2011

Christmas has come and gone

We had a week long Christmas! Too bad I spent most of it not feeling well. I enjoyed it all anyway!

It started on the 17th. We opened presents from each other and went to see a movie.
The 19th I went into work, then drove straight to Mississippi. We has a great Christmas with Grannie and Granddaddy and Uncle Thomas and Aunt Linda. Rachel and Elise taught me how to play PIT and we ate lots of food! Santa came early in MS on Wednesday and brought us an iPad! Thursday, we had Christmas with Kate Kate, then off to KY! We enjoyed meeting the newest member of the family, Jordyn. We enjoyed looking at lights and eating too.much.food. Santa came and brought me the best dust buster ever. It is amazing! We had a good time playing games and still ate too.much.food. We left Christmas day around 5 and headed to Harriman, TN to break up the long trip. It was such a good decision! Driving back Monday didn't feel so long- we even got home before dark!

I slowly undecorated the inside this week. The Christmas tree was put on the curb last night. (The city picks them up for free!) It feels so naked inside the house now! The tree took up lots of space! J is taking down the outside lights tomorrow. I have been enjoying not working. And thankfully, the construction on the house next door started at 9 Tuesday- Thursday, so I got some good sleep! My one project for the week was making a curtain for the kitchen window. I went to get the fabric this morning and it is nowhere to be found! :( I hope they will restock it soon and it is not discontinued. The ladies at the store weren't much help. If I can't find it soon, I guess I will have to pick out a new fabric....

Work starts back for me on Monday. Of course, J has Monday off. Always seems to work that way. Classes start back January 9, so I will be busy before I know it!

No comments: