Monday, April 18, 2011

House Update!

We still have to hang artwork, curtains, and do some finishing touches- but this room has kept us busy! During the bad weather Saturday, we were busy painting the guest room. (Although once I heard that a tornado was headed towards Wake County, I did run and take a quick shower. By the time I was out, I knew we were in the clear.)


Move-in Day



4 days after move-in



Today



(The color in this one is more true to life than the others I think)


The color is Corn Husk Green, but it turned out a lot more lime green than we had planned/imagined. We hope that with some accessories, we can tone it down some. :) We moved our old comforter set to the guest room since I like it so much! We also painted J's old furniture- which was way more work than we anticipated. We read online how to do it, so I spent my afternoons sanding the drawers. Then J and I were going to sand the bodies, prime, and paint them and that would be that.... Well we couldn't get any sand paper to really work, so we went and got some paint stripper. 3 coats later, the sides looks okay, but the tops looked untouched. J sanded down the sides and we just went with it. Primed. 3 coats of paint. And we aren't really happy with how they turned out, so we might redo them in the future, but they are done enough for now! Our weekends are going to be pretty busy for a while, so I don't know how much more progress we'll make any time soon!

No comments: