Sunday, May 23, 2010

One More Week

Just another week here in rural North Carolina.

J took 5 more tests this week, but he didn't study as much as he could have, so we'll see how many he actually passes. Hoping for all 5, of course, but will take 3 or 4. =)
Harris Teeter was doing Super Doubles this week, so I made a couple of trips. One is mentioned in my coupon blog. The other will be up shortly!

My check engine light came on again, so I went back to the place that fixed it before. I sat around for about an hour while they worked on it. They think the hose they put on last time was too loose, so they just fixed it and let me go!

Saturday, we went to a golf course in Fayetteville. It wasn't very busy (or that nice...) but we had fun. There were geese everywhere! When we got home I cooked this (Mexican style.) Thanks, Clark!




It was pretty good! We will have to try it with the regular recipe one day, but I had all the ingredients for the Mexican version except for one, so that's what we did!

Sunday, after church, we headed to IHOP! I had been wanting to try their new pancake stackers. It was super busy, but we only waited about 5 minutes or so. I am sad to report that the stackers were underwhelming. I should have just stuck to my New York Cheesecake Pancakes. We then headed to HT. The cashier didn't scan one of my coupons, but we still saved 60%! J even got some ice cream and Sun Chips. I will have to make a trip to Kroger sometime for hot dogs... can't wait to grill out again!

This is the last week that I will see students since testing begins next week. Well, my elementary kids have testing this week, but I can work around their schedules easily since I only have 3! Friday, I will proctor a test all day before we head to GA to see J's family! Then next week, I will proctor middle school state tests and work on end of the year stuff! It's almost over! June 14 is the last teacher workday... Looking forward to the summer!

1 comment:

Wyneth said...

what was it you cooked Mexican style? looks good. Golf and geese, what a combination!